Backend software engineer
We are looking for someone with strong passion to build a world-class SaaS system. You will have the opportunity to be part of the future of AI and play a key role in taking our product TypeGenie to the next level.
As a backend software engineer, your day-to-day work will involve:
- Designing, building and testing the backend (and sometimes a bit of related frontend) of a company that will impact lives of millions
- Analyse and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of current system
- Planning future architecture and making technical decisions
- Collaborating with other developers and our business team
See also information about our tech stack.
- Several years of experience working as a software engineer
- Strong understanding of
- Networking concepts and RESTful design
- Data structures, algorithms and object oriented design patterns
- Database concepts (we currently use MongoDB)
- CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins
- Great at
- Working in a team
- Delivering quality software on time
- Cloud computing services (such as AWS / Google Cloud)
- Docker and related services such as Kubernetes
- Scaling and performance with large scale applications.
- Frontend experience, incl. HTML / CSS / JS
- Experience with the modern React ecosystem (Redux, Yarn, ES6 etc.)
- Experience developing for customer service or ticketing systems such as Zendesk
- A full time position with us in central London OR remote
- Continuous learning as you work alongside us
- Possibility to work with a company that will ultimately impact the conversation experience of millions of users
- Competitive salary, stock options, and perks
- As much responsibility as you like. We are a startup, after all
- Career progression towards e.g. a technical expert (e.g. systems architect) or a technical team lead
See also our career FAQs !